These 4 Easter Eggs Are in Every Blooming PR Strategy
Public relations is all about creating a positive image for your company and managing the way that the public sees you. It can be a lot of work, but it's well worth it in the end! Some things are essential to every PR strategy, but often go unnoticed. In this blog post, we will discuss four "Easter eggs" that are hidden in every successful PR campaign.
Know Your Goals, Peeps
It's hard to hit a target if you're not sure what it is. The first step in any PR strategy should be to establish your goals. What do you want to achieve with your campaign? Are you looking to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or improve customer satisfaction?
Your PR strategy should be focused on your goals, not on the tactics that you use to achieve them. That's not to say tactics aren't important, they are! But if you're only focusing on the tactics, you're going to miss the big picture. Once you know what you're trying to accomplish, you can start planning your tactics.
Blossom Your Relationships
The first "Easter egg" is a good relationship with the media. This may seem like an obvious one, but it's often overlooked. Having a strong relationship with the media can make all the difference when it comes to getting your company's story out there. Make sure you take the time to build relationships with key members of the media, and you'll be glad you did!
Here are some ways to build and maintain strong relationships with the media:
- Be responsive to their requests. If a reporter needs information from you, make sure you get it to them as quickly as possible.
- Make yourself available. reporters often work on tight deadlines, so if they need to talk to you, make sure you're available.
- Be a source of information. If you're always the one giving reporters information, they'll start to see you as a valuable source.
- Follow up after interviews. Thank the reporter for their time, and make sure you answer any questions they may have had.
Think Outside the Basket
The second thing a solid PR strategy should include is a focus on your company's unique angle. What makes your company shine from others? Figure out what sets you apart from the competition, and make sure you're highlighting that in your communications.
People are more likely to pay attention to your company if they haven't seen something before. You know, an idea that's to "dye" for-- make sure you're using it to your advantage!
Always Share Egg-citing News
Another "Easter egg" is something we like to call the power of positive news. Make sure you're promoting the good things that are happening with your company! This can be anything from a new product launch to a charity event you're sponsoring.
People love to hear good news, so make sure you're sharing it!
Don't Make Them Hunt for It
You may be making headlines, but are they easy to find? One way to increase your chances of being picked up by the media is to include an online newsroom, or press kit, all in one consolidated place.
Whether you have a page on your website or you use a newsroom service, the benefits can truly surprise you:
- It's a great way to build credibility with reporters and other members of the media. If they can easily find information about your company, they're more likely to trust you.
- It makes it easy for reporters to find the information they need. They can just go to your newsroom and find everything in one place.
- It shows that you're up-to-date with the latest technology. Having an online newsroom shows that you're keeping up with the times and that you're willing to invest in your PR.
- - It can save you money. Creating an online newsroom is a lot cheaper than printing and mailing press kits to reporters-- not to mention, outdated.
Celebrate the Future
The final "Easter egg" that every PR strategy should include is a focus on the future. PR is an ongoing process that takes time and effort to be successful. Make sure you have a long-term plan in place if you want your PR strategy to be a success.
So what are you waiting for? If you're looking to build strong relationships with the media and promote your company, get in touch today!